I'm still here

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still here, and planning to be here for a bit longer. ;)

Three years ago, while working on a fine arts degree, I was frustrated with art school and life in general. Plus my apartment was bursting with too much stuff! I decided what I really needed was a studio. Crazy! So I did this crazy thing, and signed a three year lease for studio space. I was excited and scared and so nervous. I honestly had no idea what I was doing, and had no previous business experience. I just knew that I needed to do something. Well it has been a most incredibly stressful and wonderful journey. I've made many mistakes and came close, several times, to packing it all in, and closing up shop. This week, still scared excited and nervous, I renewed my lease. I really want to thank everyone who has supported me, during these years. Your support, in all ways,  is truly appreciated. I would not still be doing this, if it were not for that support and encouragement.

I couldn't end this post without a picture of what I'm up to.




One loom is warped with a combination of hand spun/hand dyed Romney (green and blue), Brown Sheep Nature Spun, and Lanaloft.

Stay tuned, and happy crafting.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations! Glad to hear you'll keep going.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! Glad to hear you'll keep going.

--Corinne (from weaving guild)
BenoĆ®t said…
Hi Colette, stay focussed and believe in what you want to do, whatever that is. Hope to see you soon, take care!
Colette said…
Thanks Corinne and Benoit. I'm very excited and looking forward to what the future.