Playing

This post is a bit of a mixed bag. I've just been playing with my spinning and dying.

Ashford Merino/Silk, core yarn: Black 2/120 Silk thread
I've created a few accidental boucle yarns, but this was my first intentional one.

Cotton is one of my favourite fibres to spin.  While there are a lot of people dying other fibers, it is really difficult to find hand dyed cotton sliver.  I had a lot of problems the first time I tried to dye cotton sliver.  The dye would not penetrate and I ended up really compacting it.  Luckily, you don't have to worry about felting and I didn't mind carding the cotton into punis. This time I was way more successful. While the sliver still looks a bit messy, it isn't compacted.


There was dye left over so I dyed some bamboo. 
Happy crafting.

Comments

Linda said…
Cotton dyeing is on my list - yours is beautiful!