Crafting in 2012

Happy New Year!

Yes, I know it's been a while since I last posted.  When, you're a one woman show, somethimes you just can't get to everything.  Even with the best of intentions, blogging often ended up at the bottom of the "to-do" list.   I'm making a fresh start for 2012.
 
I have several goal for 2012, in addition to blogging more. I've always been an extremely multi-craftual (not sure if that's even a word) person. I learned to crochet, knit and sew at an early age, and am interested in a lot of textile related activities. While this is a good thing, it can be really difficult to focus on one thing for any length of time. I've been thinking a lot about setting limits and how those limits affect creativity. Interesting ideas are constantly popping into my head, but very few of them ever come to fruition; primarily because of my lack of focus. It's become clear that I really need some limits in order to be more productive. Enforcing limits on my creative activities, will be difficult.  I felt way too scattered last year so I'm committed to working this way for 2012.     

I couldn't end a post without pictures. So to that end, here are a few picture of the techniques that I'll be focusing on for 2012.

 Tunisian Crochet, entrelac, using hand dyed/hand spun silk


Double weave, 4-block overshot.  Warp: Jaggerspun Zephyr (2/18 50/50 wool/silk)and 10/2 UKI Mercerised Cotton. Weft: 20/2 UKI Mercerised Cotton
 
Hand spun, organic colour-grown cotton.  These were spun using spindle, and wheels, and my book charkha.

I wish you all, happy crafting and success in all your creative activities for 2012.

Comments